About the Course
Do You Want To…
• Move past fear, pain, and guilt?
• Create the life you want with your child?
• Manage your relationship with your ex-partner?
• Contribute to others who are going through separation or divorce?
• Be the creator of your future?
Going through a separation or divorce can be an extremely sensitive time, filled with uncertainty and skepticism. While you may not be able to change your circumstances, you can alter how they impact you and your relationships. Apart, Not Broken: Learn, Connect, & Create can help you re-establish yourself and feel empowered in your parenting.
Each session is broken into three sections:
- What You Can Expect: On Your Mark! This section will address how things are different after separation or divorce.
- What It Means: Get Set! This section will highlight the implications of those changes.
- What You Can Do About It: Go! This section will help you take action. This will include a new parenting tool, activity, option for using technology, and some additional considerations and suggestions.
In addition to your online program, Apart, Not Broken: Learn, Connect, Create includes 5 coaching sessions that are distributed throughout the program. The first session will allow us to get to know one another, discuss what is really important to you, and establish your goals. The remaining sessions follow the program content, addressing personal adjustment and self care, parenting and relationship building, co-parenting and communication, and creating your future. Each session is designed to give you an opportunity to address your individual needs, as they relate to the program content.
Shelly Mahon, Ph.D
I have a Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) and over 20 years of experience working with youth and families. No matter what your family structure, I am committed to helping you make your family work. I can guide you in effectively managing divorce, strengthening parent-child relationships, embracing [...]View Full Profile